2011 Jan 24 13:27

Re: [vox-tech] failed to build a computer

Re: [vox-tech] failed to build a computer

I didn't use antistatic wrist strap but before the installation I touched the metal to di-static myself. The components were not damaged, 'cause eventually I found someone who had similar issues and offered a solution and it worked, btw, I also tried the approaches he did before the successful shot, here is the link:

http://comerford.cc/wordpress/fixing-gigabyte-ud3r/

Thanks!

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Nick Schmalenberger <nick@schmalenberger.us> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 04:18:17PM -0800, Richard Harke wrote:
> Most of the systems I have built used "beep" codes for he most serious
> failures. This required a small speaker
> (usually comes with case) and connection from mobo. Manual should tell you
> what beep codes mean.
>
> Richard
>
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Hai Yi <yihai2004@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I am in the process of building a new desktop, and ran into some serious
> > problems. I've been struggling with them for the past two days w/o too much
> > success.
> >
> > Please kindly bear with me. These are my desktop's specs:
> >
> > Case: Silverstone FT02B
> > PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
> > Mobo:GA-X58A-UD3R
> > CPU: i7-950
> > Video Card: Radeon HD 5870
> > Memory:GSkill 4G * 2 DDR3 1600
> > SSD: Kingston 128G
> >
> > I also use a old HDD (250G) for now.
> >
> > The problem is, after I wired up all internal wires and powered up the
> > system, the system kept resetting, and there is no video signals. If I
> > pressed the "cle cmos" button (there is one on the ft02B case, so I guess I
> > don't have to jump) during this process, the reseting stops, but still no
> > video signals. Next time I power up, the above happens again.
> >
> > both atx_12v_2x and atx slots were hooked up with the PSU; two rams were on
> > bank 1 &2; power/reset sw and others were rightly put in the F_PANEL.

Does the cpu fan come on? Do the keyboard lights blink? If you
have another video card that doesn't need its own power I would
try that too. Are you using an antistatic wrist strap? If the
keyboard lights blink it is probably booting somewhat normally
except with no video.
Nick Schmalenberger