2011 Jan 16 22:55

[vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS upgrade woes

[vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS upgrade woes

Long story shoty. I have a Kubuntu 9.04 install. Finally told it to upgrade,
and it brought itself up to 9.10, and then I initiated an upgrade to 10.04.
It started reporting errors, with the only options being "Report Bug" (which
did nothing) and "Close" (dismiss error).

It got through all of the pkgs in the "Upgrade" step (next step being
"Cleanup") and complained that some stuff wasn't installed, and it would
issue a "dpkg-reconfigure -a" or somesuch to fix itself.  Dimissed that
window, then the main window hung (blank).

It's late, and it looked in a bad state, so I zapped it and rebooted.
Now I'm landing im a shell upon reboot with a complaint about
"mountall" not taking some argument or another.

So... anybody got a 10.10 disc I can borrow?  I'd like to boot into LiveCD
mode, re-copy my home directory over to my NAS, and then wipe & reinstall.
I'd love to get back up and running before Tuesday.  Anyone got one I can
grab in the morning? ;)

This is the worst upgrade disaster I've witnessed.  Stupid Ubuntu. :(

Sent from my computer