Re: [vox-tech] Security in space!!

Do you mean like Bell LaPadula when you say "classification" level?

The NSA does research in this area as also promotes the research
of formal methods which you could model your system using Z or
VDM.
http://www.nsa.gov/research/selinux/

Check these slides.
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/class/sp08/cs498sh/slides/MandatoryOS.ppt

As far as custom metadata, perhaps you can get away with existing
attributes that would give you the model which you are looking for.

brian

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 01:12:36PM -0800, Nicole Carlson wrote:
> Also!
>
> Does Linux support custom metadata?  That is, can I create my very own
> metadata field, like "Classification level", and depend on the
> filesystem and/or kernel to keep track of it?  If so, how?  (I suspect
> that the answer is "no", but am tossing this out there in hopes that
> someone knows better.)
>
> Thanks--
>
> --nicole
>
> --
> http://ellipticcurve.livejournal.com

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."
--Kasey Kasem