Re: [vox-tech] Vipre and ESET Antivirus

Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net):

> Tsk tsk, this is off-topic for a Linux group! ;)

You know, that's actually something I've until now understood to be
(idiosyncratically to LUGOD) not the case, because of the way the
mailing list was chartered.  (Please note, I'm not challenging what
you're saying, Bill.  I'm just saying I've previously heard
differently.)

Specifically, the listinfo page says 'All Linux and computer related
technical questions and discussions go here', and the page title says
'vox-tech -- lugod's technical discussion forum'.  Over the years, it
has seemed as if 'computer related technical questions' had been
construed to encompass non-Linux OSes and applications as well, which is
why until today I'd not been surprised to see those discussions occur
frequently without objection.

Again, no problem whatsoever if you want to see concentration on Linux.
I'm just saying it looks like a small shift from prior policy, as I
understood it.