Re: [vox-tech] Idea for 'tee' -- shut up already!

Re: [vox-tech] Idea for 'tee' -- shut up already!

This is an evil, evil hack, but you could just attach to the tee
process with gdb and replace the stdout file descriptor with
/dev/null.

  $ gdb --pid=$(pidof tee)
  (gdb) p dup2(open("/dev/null", 0), 1);
  $1 = 1
  (gdb) quit
  Quit anyway? (y or n) y
  Detaching from program: /usr/bin/tee, process ....

This should work. You should continue to see new data written to
output.txt, but nothing should be printed to stdout. Someone else may
have a less insane idea though :).