2010 Nov 25 01:53

Re: [vox-tech] ifort and icc compilers

this program is flawed they do have have any uninstalled thing.  Am I going to have to reformat the disk partition where ubuntu is and then reinstall ubuntu in order to resolve  this problem?  Should I contact LERT and make an appointment with them or see if I can meet with someone from the Lugod's to have them go through my system to weed out any bugs?

I need a detailed list of instructions on how to install and run the ifort and icc programs for I am encountering WAY too many bugs trying to get these programs.  There is no reason why this should be so complicated.

-Jason

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 01:42:53AM -0800, Jason Snyder wrote:
>    I have problems in regards to installing the ifort and icc compilers
>    which I need to run certain types of programs.  I tried installing them
>    based on the website:
>    [1]http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1082782
>    However, when I followed there directions I could not get the ifort or
>    icc (from intel) compilers to run.
>    I tried to make an attempt at reinstalling these programs but all it
>    does allow me to saying the following message:
>    snyderjm@snyderjm-laptop:~/l_
>
>    fcompxe_2011.0.084$ sudo ./install.sh
>    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>    ---------
>    Initializing, please wait...
>    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>    ---------
>    The Intel(R) Composer XE 2011 for Linux* is already installed.
>    If you want to reinstall the Intel(R) Composer XE 2011 for Linux*
>    please uninstall current version and run install script again.
>    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>    ---------
>    Press "Enter" key to quit:
>    How do I resolve this issue?