2010 Nov 25 00:34

[vox-tech] Linux 10.4 update problems

I just upgraded to linux 10.4 from linux 9.10 and am having problems with running programs and looking at directories in the terminal.

For instance the command ls should give me all the contents of the directory that I am in.  However, this is what I get when I enter ls:

snyderjm@snyderjm-laptop:/$ ls
Command 'ls' is available in '/bin/ls'
The command could not be located because '/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable.
ls: command not found

Can you please help me resolve this issue ASAP so that I can start working with programs that are on my desktop and also on my external hard drives from within the terminal?  These include many fortran based programs.

Thanks,

Jason