January 6: Social gathering
2010 Nov 20 17:36

[vox-tech] entering a prolog program?

Can you type in axioms into prolog from the command line? All I seem to
be able to do is load a program and query it.

Can I just enter the following program at the prolog prompt?

factorial(0,1).

factorial(A,B) :-
           A > 0,
           C is A-1,
           factorial(C,D),
           B is A*D.

All I seem to be able to do is load it. I am using SWI prolog.

$ swipl
?- ['factorial.pl'].
true.

If I try the following, I get an error.

?- factorial(0, 1).
ERROR: toplevel: Undefined procedure: factorial/2 (DWIM could not correct goal)

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/