January 6: Social gathering
2010 Nov 16 15:25

Re: [vox-tech] creating a bootable USB key

On 11/16/2010 01:29 AM, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> I have a windows 7 install disk that I would like to make into a
> bootable USB key so that I can install the OS on a computer without an
> optical drive. I have tried a number of different tutorials/methods on
> my kubuntu 10.04 laptop (64 bit), but so far nothing has worked.

	If you should happen to download Win-7 from Pirate Bay it comes
	with a ISO-USB tool.

	Note: I have not tried this tool so I don't know how well it
	works. Nor and I'm encouraging you to break the law by
	downloading a pirated version of Win-7 instead of paying the
	fee to Microsoft.

	Just that if you were to download the torrent you would get
	a tool which claims to do what you want.

	IF you should decide to download the file, make sure that the
	user has a pirate skull and cross-bones. Otherwise don't trust
	the torrent. For example sake only, these would be a good ones
	to download:

// Redacted by mailing list admin -bjk 2010.11.16

// Redacted by mailing list admin -bjk 2010.11.16

	But again I'm not suggesting you break the copyright and
	download these torrents which contains ISO which will validate
	as genuine via Microsoft when you use the 'Loader' released
	by Daz. That would be breaking the law.

	Just download the folder in the torrent:
	Windows 7 ISO To USB - Flash Tool

							Tony