2010 Nov 16 10:57

Re: [vox-tech] creating a bootable USB key

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:14:33AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 01:29:13AM -0800, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > My question is, has anyone successfully made a bootable windows USB
> > key using Linux? If so, how did you do it?
>
> Let me just share my own experience and see if it provides assistance.

Sorry, I just automatically saw bootable USB. I missed that you wanted it to
be a Windows bootable.

I found this. Did you try this? It's not "free" software in the sense of freedom.

It uses components of free software components and works with XP and
2003 server. I don't know about Windows 7 though.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

I found it as a result of this page.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-pocket,1113.html

brian