2010 Nov 16 10:51

Re: [vox-tech] creating a bootable USB key

Re: [vox-tech] creating a bootable USB key

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 01:29:13AM -0800, Thomas Johnston wrote:
[snip]

> My question is, has anyone successfully made a bootable windows USB
> key using Linux? If so, how did you do it?

Let me just share my own experience and see if it provides assistance.

I have used Fedora's Live usb creator.
https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

I also have used ubuntu's live usb creator
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/creating-an-ubuntu-live-usb-from-cd/

I have used the Knoppix Hacks by Kyle Rankin book to create a live usb
as well.

The Ubuntu creator won't create a live image from the Fedora image.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/