2010 Nov 16 10:25

[vox-tech] SAMBA shares sluggish

I have an Ubuntu 10.04 machine that serves SAMBA file shares to other Ubuntu (10.10 and 9.04) clients and to Windows XP clients.  All clients say that just recently , the SAMBA shares have slowed down.  It takes longer to see the list of directories and there is a lag of a few seconds when navigating each level.  Once you actually get to the files and start working with or copying them to and from the directory, everything runs fairly quickly.  Any ideas on what I should check?