January 6: Social gathering
2010 Nov 10 09:15

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: strange error loading google earth [solved]

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: strange error loading google earth [solved]

wow. what a mess. It looks like anything that was linking with Qt was
being mis-directed to google earth's local copy:

ldd -r /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb786c000)
        libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/local/google-earth/libQtCore.so.4 (0xb6b2e000)
[...]

and thus symbols were getting mangled. I'll back-off on google earth
for a while, and make sure everything else is working.

Dylan