2010 Nov 15 12:21

[vox-tech] Fwd: strange error loading google earth

Dylan posted from a non-subscribed address.

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:21:20 -0800
From: vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Auto-discard notification
To: vox-tech-owner@lists.lugod.org

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 11:57:15 -0800
From: Dylan Beaudette
Subject: strange error loading google earth
To: "lugod's technical discussion forum" <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

Hi,

I recently updated to Debian squeeze/sid and noticed a very strange error
after installing the new version of Google Earth. I manually removed the

Here is the error message from strace:

relocation error: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: symbol _nv000054gl, version LIBGLCORE
not defined in file libGLcore.so.1 with link time reference

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I am using the NVIDIA driver compiled
and installed using module-assistant.

Thanks!
Dylan

--