2010 Nov 08 19:26

Re: [vox-tech] Which distro for file/print/web server

Re: [vox-tech] Which distro for file/print/web server

Quoting Alex Mandel (tech_dev@wildintellect.com):

> The big downside I realized today, you can't get any HD stats on an
> external USB drive(smartmontools). So I've got no health monitoring of
> the disk.

Thanks for posting.  Fascinating stuff.

I realise you won't want to re-do the design -- which sounds terrific
with that one proviso -- but I notice the Zotac box also has one eSATA
port.  It strikes me that that eSATA might be The Right Thing.

What I'm hoping to find, as an eventual replacement for my 2001-era
2U server, is a good nettop box with a pair of eSATA connectors.