2010 Oct 23 11:00

Re: [vox-tech] Experiences with linode or similar?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 05:00:56PM -0700, Scott Miller scottlinux-at-gmail.com |lugod| wrote:
> The only 'bad' thing (depending on your use or who you ask) is disk
> space. You do get 16GB in the $20 plan which is enough for me.
> Understand these are 15k SAS drives, so it's expensive storage but
> crazy fast performance.

Well, you don't have a dedicated spindle, so the IOPS isn't really
impressive, but it is good enough for the most part.  You can also buy
extra storage a la carte.

> The cpu is a 4 core Xeon. I've never been able to utilize all of the
> available CPU.

Clearly you're not trying hard enough ;-)

> Linode has a very good control panel, iphone app, and DNS manager
> tools. Forum is there and friendly, but not very active.

I'm fond of the DNS manager - way better than most I've seen.  They also
have an IRC channel on OFTC, which *is* quite active and usually has
staff in it.

> I highly recommend Linode

Seconded. I've been with them for at least two years now, can only recall
3 signifigant instances of downtime.

-Ryan