2010 Oct 21 11:21

Re: [vox-tech] procmail question

On 10/21/2010 10:54 AM, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Yes, but people should be encouraged to use something with more sane
> syntax if possible. For example, sieve (from GNU mailutils) uses a
> standard syntax that is understood by many IMAP servers.

	My question is, is there a stand alone package for Sieve? On
	to replace Procmail so mail can be processed outside of a
	mail client.

	With Procmail you can take your mail box and run it through
	Procmail to filter the messages into new MBOX files. This is
	a very strong feature of Procmail which I have used a number of
	times.

	I agree with you the Procmail rules syntax is the pits. Every
	so often I look for a replacement and not found a stand-alone
	program to replace it. I'm always open for suggestions. And if
	you can point me to such a program which uses Sieve I would
	really be happy as I want to replace Procmail.

							Tony