2010 Oct 17 19:09

[vox-tech] Webserver Woes: Lost Packets

I'm having trouble with Apache running on satan (192.162.0.2).  At
some point I must have changed something, and it stopped working.

There are two virtual hosts:

1. /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
   DocumentRoot /var/www
   <Directory />
      Options FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
   </Directory>

   <Directory /var/www/>
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      allow from all
   </Directory>

   ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
   LogLevel debug

   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

2. /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/001-dirac.org  (the one I want to work)

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
   ServerName  www.dirac.org
   ServerAlias dirac.org

   DirectoryIndex index.html
   DocumentRoot /var/www/

   LogLevel debug
   ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/dirac.org.error
   CustomLog //var/log/apache2/dirac.org.access combined
</VirtualHost>

The /etc/hostname file contains "satan".   The /etc/hosts file contains:

192.168.0.2  satan
192.168.0.2  dirac.org
192.168.0.2  www.dirac.org

I'm seeing different behaviors depending on whether I'm on the home
network or outside the home network.