2010 Oct 09 21:18

Re: [vox-tech] put a caption on code listing for OpenOffice?

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 08:05:08PM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> I followed the following instructions for doing a code listing with OpenOffice,
> but now I would like to put a Caption at the top.
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Setting_up_a_Style_for_Numbering_Lines_in_Code_Listings
>
> Similar to the following. Any ideas?

As usual, sometimes in order to find the answer, we first have to
figure out the question. I inserted a table with one row and one
column and entered the text inside the table. Then, I was able to
apply the style to the text inside the table. On top of that I was
able to put a caption at the top of the table.

> Listing 1
>
>  1 for i = 1 to 10
>  2   begin
>  3     writeln('The world is a vampire');
>  4   end;
>
> brian
> --
> Brian Lavender
> http://www.brie.com/brian/
>
> "Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to
> show their absence!"
>
> Professor Edsger Dijkstra
> 1972 Turing award recipient

Brian Lavender