2010 Oct 09 20:05

[vox-tech] ubuntu server - The GUI is lost

[vox-tech] ubuntu server - The GUI is lost

Hello all:

I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my home server (a MSI Wind PC box), it
runs fine. However, I dont know since when the normal gnome gui is
gone, what I have on the desktop is a white console block with a black
backgroud.

When I bounce the server, i had a 40" TV as its monitor, is it likely
that Ubuntu detected the TV resolution and decided to change the
Xconfig somehow? I changed back to a normal computer monitor when
restart the server, everything stays the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks All!
Hai