2010 Sep 23 08:57

[vox-tech] Monitor

Saw last week that someone fixed their monitor woes w/ a new cable.

Well dejavu my monitor just went out.  It was just like a light switch.  I was doing god knows what and poof...blackness.  The little light was on so I knew I was getting power.

I unplugged the signal cord.  It would usually give some sort of msg as search for signal but no.  No menu either.

I let it cool down-same.  Plugged in my back up monitor (good thing I didn't sell it!) and now I can be a part of the internet again.

I wonder what went wrong?  To me it is junk so I will probably tear into it and see if I can fix something.  After all, I am a mechanic and I can fix anything! Kidding.

Any ideas?  Nice samsung 21" lcd. Hope I don't have to throw it away.

Jimbo