2010 Sep 09 21:07

Re: [vox-tech] home server

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 12:16:47PM -0700, netuser wrote:
> i would love to go to an installfest. problem is, transport of computer is
> not an option. is it possible to bring an external hard drive and have it
> installed on that?

I can't promise, but someone might be willing to help you transport
it to the Installfest venue.  (Many people have brought full desktop PC
setups to our Installfests over the last decade-and-some.)

Alternatively, and I can't promise this either, but the folks who
coordinate and volunteer at the Installfest might also be willing to
try and help you install it onto hard drive.  The problem here,
though, is that the hardware they configure against (network card, etc.)
may not be the same as what you have at home.  (And, of course, someone
will need to bring a spare PC to install the HDD into during the
Installfest!  At that rate, and considering the potential issues,
it really does make the most sense to bring your own hardware to the
event.)

PS - September 25th is sounding like it'll be confirmed... stay tuned