January 6: Social gathering
2010 Aug 24 00:45

[vox-tech] a "Bus Error" C++ issue, platform, compiler or STL?

[vox-tech] a "Bus Error" C++ issue, platform, compiler or STL?

Hello All:

I'm on a C++ project and have been strugling with an "Bus Error" issue
for a couple of weeks. I used dbx to debug the code and here is the
stack:

ficc_trade_leg::set_trailer1(const string& arg)
df_string_tuple::df_string_tuple(0x1ae5180, 0xffbea53c, 0xfd578ac0,
0x0, 0x18, 0x0)
basic_string,allocator>::basic_string,allocator>(0x1ae518c,
0xfd578ac0, 0xffbea540, 0xff3de7a8, 0x0, 0x5)
string_ref,allocator>::references(0xba7bfff, 0x0, 0x8, 0xfb9c1e54, 0x0, 0x0)

set_trailer1 is creating an instance of df_string_tuple, whose
constructor looks like

df_string_tuple::df_string_tuple(const df_tag& Tag, const string&
Value): df_tuple(Tag), Value_(Value)
{}

It seems to me that debugger nailed down to the 2nd parameter of the
above constructor. Isn't it more likely an issue of Solaris patch, C++
compiler or STL lib rather than a coding issue?

My platform is SunOS 5.8, not sure about the STL lib or CC compiler.

Thanks to all suggestions and ideas,
Hai