2010 Jul 15 18:52

Re: [vox-tech] how to add cvs user on ubuntu 9.10

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 06:23:07PM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 07:55:53PM -0500, Ken Bloom wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 17:21 -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> > > On a related question, how do I clone my git repository over ssh? Thus
> > > far, I have only been using rsync to sync over the whole tree. Is that
> > > the way you do it, or is there a different way?
> >
> > On the machine that is to recieve the new repository, run
> > git clone ssh://[user@]server/path/to/repository.git
>
> I had to upgrade my machine to lenny, so that I could install git. Now, that
> I have done that, I can't seem to clone the repository. This is the error
> I get.
>
> $ git clone ssh://brian@brie.com/school/Project/nprobe_5.5.5_040610/
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/brian/tmp/nprobe_5.5.5_040610/.git/
> fatal: '/school/Project/nprobe_5.5.5_040610': unable to chdir or not a git archive

Might help if I include the full path. How do I make my repository
available so that anyone can download it?

$ git clone ssh://brian@brie.com/home/brian/school/Project/nprobe_5.5.5_040610/
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/brian/tmp/nprobe_5.5.5_040610/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 211, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (211/211), 314.97 KiB | 304 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (50/50), done.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/