2010 Jun 30 15:45

Re: [vox-tech] Regular expression help

Take 2:

perl -n -e 'chomp; if(/([^ ]+)$/) { print "rm -f $1\n"; }' < files-to-delete.txt

-n will loop over the input lines like -p but it won't echo the input
lines. Chomp will remove the newlines. Adding the "if" makes sure we
don't print "rm -f" for empty lines or lines that don't match.

Then you have your rm commands and you can scan them for correctness.

Harold