2010 Jun 21 17:56

Re: [vox-tech] how to add cvs user on ubuntu 9.10

Re: [vox-tech] how to add cvs user on ubuntu 9.10

On a related question, how do I clone my git repository over ssh? Thus
far, I have only been using rsync to sync over the whole tree. Is that
the way you do it, or is there a different way?

brian

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 04:58:41PM -1000, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> The lack of info is probably due to the relative popularity of SVN. unless you have a particular need for CVS, you should switch now before the pain gets too bad.
>
> "Hai Yi" <yihai2004@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello folks:
> >
> >I followed this link to create a cvs server
> >https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/cvs-server.html
> >
> >Now I can have the server up and running, however, I don't know how to add a
> >cvs user and set a password for it so that I can remotely access my cvs
> >repo.
> >
> >I googled a couple of hours but links out there are either irrelevant or
> >outdated.
> >
> >Anyone help me out please? I am using ubuntu 9.10, and my repo dir is set to
> >/data/projects/cvs/repo
> >

> >Thanks!
> >Hai

> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...1k

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

Professor C. A. R. Hoare
The 1980 Turing award lecture