2010 Jun 16 10:33

[vox-tech] Problem with extracting in terminal

[vox-tech] Problem with extracting in terminal

I have downloaded a package that I need to extract it on my desktop. I used terminal command tar zxvf filename.tar.gz to do so, however this is the error I keep getting:
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Would someone be able to help me with this please,
Thanks so much,
Anahita