2010 Jun 15 17:57

Re: [vox-tech] mysterious powersupply failures

Re: [vox-tech] mysterious powersupply failures

Poor quality control by Antec is definitely a strong possibility.  I had
an Antec Truepower Trio 650 that died suddenly after about a year and
discovered a number of other people who suffered the same fate.  The
Trios have a 5-year warranty, but it took several weeks to get the
replacement.  Since I needed my computer sooner than that, I bought a
Corsair 550W that has been trouble free for more than two years.  I
still have the unopened replacement Trio sitting on my shelf.  When I
built my new computer a few months ago I went with a Corsair 750HX.

Bruce Wolk