2010 Jun 14 15:28

Re: [vox-tech] boot failure with KDE

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 09:38:45PM -0700, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> I am running Kubuntu 10.04 and I am no longer able to boot up as
> normal.  I make it to the login screen without any indication of a
> problem.  After typing in my user name and password, it continues to
> boot.

Just to be pedantic (it helps to use the right terminology when
asking for help, is all), at this point you aren't "booting" any more.
Once the login screen is up, your computer is completed booted-up.
At this point, you're logging in to your KDE X-Window session.

(So it's not really a "can't boot", but a "can't login" problem)