2010 Jun 04 11:02

Re: [vox-tech] tcpreplay play back at same speed?

On 06/03/2010 10:38 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Does tcpreplay play back at the same speed the pcap file was captured?

Unless I'm misreading the manpage, yes.  Unless of course you tell it to
use --topspeed, or use one of the acceleration features like
--multiplier, or --sleep-accel.

> Also, is there a way to make the dummy0 ethernet so that it is writable
> by my user id?

Hrm, what's the goal?  To allow users to send arbitrary packets?  Or to
let users think they are sending arbitrary packets?  Depending on what
you want it might be easiest to just have sudo allow running the
particular command.