2010 Jun 03 16:54

Re: [vox-tech] ffmpeg migration to Windows

Re: [vox-tech] ffmpeg migration to Windows

HY> Aslo, with regard to QT v.s. GTK, do we have a reason to prefer to one
HY> over the other?

IMHO, I think Qt is a really good choice lately and I've been looking at
it more and more for common portable solutions.  It's now ported to
nearly every platform (it even has alpha/beta ports to android and
iphone, though I don't know how well they work).

I recently took the Qt dive and wrote a mail-folder checking application
using Qt and made it work on my desktop pretty quickly.  I took the code
and ran "make" for my phone environment and it compiled without any
required modifications, I shipped the binary over to the phone and it
ran just fine!  (Later releases of Qt (4.6+) are much better on small
mobile devices, but it worked under 4.5 originally and the 4.6 upgrade
on the phone just made it work that much better).

In short: I've been really impressed with Qt.  I've used WxWidgets in
the past, and it's programming model is one I understand and have
written applications for.  I've done a bit of work with GTK+
applications and though I can do it, I'm not really a fan of how you
need to get things done under GTK+.  By far the fastest
time-to-running-code of the three that I've played with is Qt and it's
by far the most portable, IMHO, as well.
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/