2010 May 31 12:38

[vox-tech] how to find the self-installed libs?

[vox-tech] how to find the self-installed libs?

Hello All:

i've downloaded and installed libx264 from web since the one with
ubuntu (9.10) is lower in version. I can see that lib has been
installed on /usr/local/lib:

hai@zodiac:~/downloads/x264$ ls -ltr /usr/local/lib/libx264*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 993618 2010-05-31 12:50 /usr/local/lib/libx264.a

However it seems that it is NOT picked up by ffmpeg configuration:

hai@zodiac:~/ffmpeg$ ./configure --mandir=/usr/local/ffmpeg/share/man
--enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-avfilter --enable-x11grab
--enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaadbin --enable-libgsm
--enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
ERROR: libx264 not found

nor shown when using

dpkg --get-selections | grep libx264

How can I do to make this lib awared to the system?

Thanks,
Hai