2010 May 12 12:57

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for a Sunbird (Google Calendar) replacement

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 08:54:42AM -0500, Chanoch (Ken) Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 22:10 -0700, Tony Cratz wrote:
>
> Also, while searching Debian's apt repositories, I saw a package called
> qorganizer. It appears that one of its saving graces is that it has a
> very simple file format (that should sync well using git).
>
> > 	Now with all of that said (and what has been said before)
> > 	my ideal PIM is really more complex then what I have been
> > 	saying. Beside being iCal and Vcard base I would like to
> > 	be able to sync my laptop PIM with a PIM on my main server.
>
> Use Funambol on your main server as a synchronization server, then use
> SyncEvolution to synchronize events. You could also configure davical or
> calendarserver as a CalDAV server, and configure evolution to talk to
> that.

This Funambol looks interesting. Have you configured it? I am in the
process of downloading the source.

brian
--
Brian E. Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"All too often, developers spend a majority of their time integrating
disparate technologies, manually tracking state, struggling to understand
JSF, wrestling with Hibernate exceptions, and constantly redeploying
applications, rather than on the logic pertaining to the business at hand."
- Seam Overview