2010 Apr 22 20:47

[vox-tech] Loop variants should be integers!

[vox-tech] Loop variants should be integers!

So, I am switching my loop variants ("i" in this case) to integers. Here
is convincing evidence. ;-)

http://archive.eiffel.com/doc/faq/variant.html

I recently met a guy at SacJUG who lived next door to Bertrand Meyer! He
said he might be able to convince him to come and speak here in the
Sacramento Area. Would that be cool or what?!!!

Of course, if I had used Eiffel for this program, I could have put an
invariant condition on i, such that it is never less than zero greater
than the number of elements in the array.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
- H. L. Mencken