2010 Apr 21 11:51

Re: [vox-tech] loop never exits!

I've used static analysis tools before, and they find many many more
bugs than compilers do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tools_for_static_code_analysis

They list tools for Python, Perl, PHP and JavaScript, proving that
dynamic languages can be safe too. These tools go much farther than a
type system by following the data flow in and out of functions.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/141498/what-open-source-c-static-analysis-tools-are-available

It looks like the OSS splint program would find that infinite loop -
see the example here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splint_%28programming_tool%29

Harold