January 6: Social gathering
2010 Apr 20 18:37

Re: [vox-tech] Performance tuning for http file serving

On 04/15/2010 11:35 AM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Isn't there a SPECWeb test or something like that for this?
> I believe they cost $$$ though. You could also do a capture and replay
> it back to your web server.
>
> There must be some benchmarking tools or simulation methodologies.

Oh, tons.  I'd just run wget from a few machines.

Apache comes with ab:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html

Pulling the URLs out of weblogs is pretty straight forward if you want
to feed them to wget or curl.

A decent ab howto:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-performance-benchmarks-a-web-server.html