2010 Mar 31 17:12

Re: [vox-tech] vnc highjacked?

I followed this link to start x11vnc when the server is powered:

In light of the present hacking episode, i decided to disable this
feature: i removed /etc/xinetd.d/x11vnc totally, and commented out
this line in /etc/gdm/Init/Default (this is different from that
mentioned on the link, which is /etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default):

/usr/bin/x11vnc -rfbauth /etc/x11vnc.pass -o /tmp/x11vnc.log -forever
-bg -rfbport 5900

However, when I restart the server, I can still use vncviewer to
connect to the vnc server, why is that? Is it possible that the hacker
installed a phantom daemon to start a vnc server without being
detected? it sounds like a scary version...