2010 Mar 03 23:17

Re: [vox-tech] how to separate e-mail spool file into individualmessages?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 12:16:35AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 06:13:29PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:
> > The title says it all.  I want a program x such that I can run something
> > like
> >
> > $ x /var/mail/mine
> >
> > with the result that all the messages in /var/mail/mine get copied to
> > individual files in the current directory.
> >
> > My guess is that there is an easy answer.  Please let me know.
>
> I did this once and I forget which command I used exactly. Just searched
> Google for the following.
> "convert mbox to maildir"
>
> http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

I think I did use mb2md. It worked pretty well. You can install it from
Debian

apt-get install mb2md

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"About 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't
pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going
to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and
then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

-- Bill Gates (Microsoft) 1998