2010 Feb 10 13:09

Re: [vox-tech] LINUX installation question windows Vista

Re: [vox-tech] LINUX installation question windows Vista

how do you set up the external hard drive so that I can boot from it?

Thanks,

Jason

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Eric Lin <notapplicable.haha@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:13:26PM -0800, Jason Snyder wrote:
> To Whom it May Concern,
>
> I have a computer with windows Vista and am having problems creating a
> partition due to pagefiles.  I was wondering if it is possible to just
> install/run linux from an external hard drive where I can easily have
> partitions of 250 GB as opposed to 7 GB, which is the maximum partition I
> can get on my C drive.

This doesn't really concern me, but I'll reply anyway. ;-)

Yes, you can install an OS on an external hard drive or even a USB flash
drive as long as your BIOS supports booting from it. Most modern systems
can boot from a storage device connected via USB, so this shouldn't be a
problem. I'm assuming your computer is relatively new because it can run
Windows Vista.

-Eric