2010 Jan 20 00:17

Re: [vox-tech] friend's picasa album hacked

Hai Yi wrote:
> hi there:
>
> One of my friends's album in picasa was hacked and some of her
> not-that-decent pictures were published by the hacker on a well known
> Chinese bbs (the post was soon removed, though). She was obviously
> depressed by the incident, and seeking legal approaches to prevent
> further damages.
>
> What's law that can apply in such a case? Any governmental agency that
> she can look for consultation? Or report to police? Will picasa be
> accoutable and mandated to surrender the hacker's possible info?

I don't think a legal approach is particularly feasible.  Hell even much
higher profile cases like the recent google attack are likely to see any real
results.

In any case I'd recommend picking a strong password and never type it anywhere
but into the picasa login.