Re: [vox-tech] script error when migrated from Solaris to Linux

Hai Yi wrote:
> I thought so too. But it's what's the first line in the script. It's
> running on Sun OS 4.
>

>> Hai Yi wrote:
>>
>>> #ident "%W%"
>>>

>> Should that really be?
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> ident "%W%"

	I just did a refresh of my some of my early programming days.
	The "%W%" is an SCCS keyword. For more info on it look at:
	http://www.gmtel.net/web/drittmer/Technical/SCCS_Keywords.pdf

	SCCS is an OLD version control system.

	But with that said. To make sure your script works in a Linux
	environment make the first line:

	#!/bin/sh

	The SCCS info should NEVER have been on the first line. While a
	line which starts with '#' is a comment it was NEVER a good way
	to make the scripts where it would work on multi-systems. The
	old way we use to do this was have the first line on a true
	Borune Shell system as:

	:
	# above line is a comment

	Latter the standard turned into being the normal '#!/bin/sh'

							Tony