2009 Nov 19 08:51

[vox-tech] Website Referral From Porn Site

[vox-tech] Website Referral From Porn Site

I've got a business website; www.legalargument.net.

This site is for my legal research and writing law practice.  It contains some
useful legal information, mostly dealing with different types of subpoenas.

I check my web stats, given to me by my webhosting service, almost every day.
There is a chart labeled, "Top 30 of 53 Total Referrers."  Here is the entry
for the seventh top referrer, indicating 5 "hits."

7 	5 	0.35% 	http://thickmom.com

thickmon.com is a porn site.  How can I be referred by a porn site?  I can see
someone visiting a porn site, and then going to my URL.  But would that count
as a referral?

Thanks.

Bob