2009 Oct 22 23:42

Re: [vox-tech] changing static IP block

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Brian Lavender wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:00:40AM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:
>> WOW, I just won a free year of Sonic.net at the highest speed they can
>> provide (in some cases up to 30Mps) by twittering a few times and
>> including #sonicnet in the twitter (still open for a few days, they award
>> once a day)
>
> So, you are giving up a grand-fathered pacbell static IP for Sonic? I
> love Sonic, but I would not give the pacbell the boot. After one year,
> which will come soon, you will pay $70 a month.....

Actually its 8 original PacBell IPs grandfathered.. 4 times? And with
reverse lookup control pointed to my server. I dont think they do that
anymore and Ive been afraid to have them look and see its still in place.

But Sonic is also giving me a block 8 (/29, 5 usable). And they have
reverse I can access (though not point it to my server). And its at $65
for 7x the speed. And the CustSupp is much better.

Im a very loyal person usually but I try not to be nuts fanatically loyal.

Gandalf  Parker