2009 Oct 21 21:44

Re: [vox-tech] Tux Paint, Fullscreen, and dual monitors

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:32:56AM -0700, Darth Borehd wrote:
>    Tux Paint is fantastic.  My 4 year old daughter loves it and creates very
>    impressive pictures.  It seems every day she finds a new feature.
>
>    I just got a second monitor and use Twinview from the Linux Nvidia control
>    panel.  I found that Tux paint won't work correctly in full screen
>    anymore.  The application is shifted half off the second monitor and you
>    have to move the mouse several centimetres to the left to click on the
>    buttons.
>
>    For now, I took out the --fullscreen option and she is using it in a
>    window.  We'd really like to get it back to fullscreen without having to
>    disable one of the monitors.  Any ideas?

Ugh, this is an SDL-level issue, and I'm not certain the work around.
Someone recently asked about a similar issue on the tuxpaint-users or
tuxpaint-devel mailing list.  It's come up before, and I forget if anyone
even had a solution.  (It's not specific to Tux Paint.)

I'll ask on the SDL list again and see if anyone has ideas.

>    Also, how come the window doesn't have a maximize button?

It lacks one because it doesn't have the ability to resize on-the-fly.

Sent from my computer