2009 Oct 08 18:19

Re: [vox-tech] OMS

BTW, just a heads up that I'm assuming you meant the finance-oriented
definition of OMS.  Apparently OMS can mean something else though when
you're referring to a different industry, like e-commerce - in which
case an "order" means someone ordering products online.  (See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_management_system for more details.)
  An e-commerce OMS would not need to match buy and sell orders,
obviously, and so it's most important component would be very different.

If you are referring to the finance-oriented definition of OMS, though,
you can read here for more info:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/oms.asp

HTH,

DR