January 6: Social gathering
2009 Sep 25 11:46

[vox-tech] compiling PHP, convert .o into .so

[vox-tech] compiling PHP, convert .o into .so

Hi,

I am trying to compile a missing shared object for a PHP install. I have
downloaded the matching version's source code, and the compilation was a
success. However, in the ext/pgsq/ folder I only see a 'pgsql.o' ...
not 'pgsql.so'. I cannot seem to load this new module via PHP's dl()
function. Does something happen in the 'make install' step that would convert
the .o file into a .so file?

Here is what the OS thinks of the freshly built objects in the php/ext/pgsql/
folder:

pgsql.lo:        ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
not stripped
pgsql.o:         symbolic link to `pgsql.lo

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dylan

--