2009 Sep 22 17:13

Re: [vox-tech] Anyone munge "From" in Mutt?

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:57:32PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I'm subscribed to a couple Google Groups, and Google has my virtual
> email address at one of my domain names (which is simply delivered to
> my /real/ address by my ISP).
>
> This means when I go to post or reply on these groups, I need to remember
> to change the From header of the email.  ([Esc],[F] in Mutt)
>
> Has anyoen set Mutt up to do this automagically?  That is, when it detects
> you're sending a message to certain addresses, it knows to change your From
> address accordingly.
>
> Thanks!  (If/when I have time to search around for a solution, I'll
> follow-up if I find an answer. :) )

I finally got this working myself about a month ago. The relevant
parts of my muttrc are
set use_from=yes

folder-hook !(=.a|=.b) set from=nick@c
folder-hook =.a set from=nick@a
folder-hook =.b set from=nick@b

The tricky part was getting
folder-hook !(=.a|=.b) set from=nick@c
to work right, and this
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual.html#toc3.5
was helpful. I tried the folder-hook . also but I couldn't get
that to work. I hope this helps, I don't know about setting the
from address based on the to address but theres probably a way to
do that also.
Nick