2009 Sep 08 23:04

Re: [vox-tech] crontab

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009, Hai Yi wrote:

> from CLI: crontab cronjob.txt
> confirm the job: crontab -l
>
> then I sat tight waiting for the magic moment. Nothing happened.

   This is a common problem and a pain to debug. The problem is that the
shell environment created by cron isn't identical to your login shell,
missing things like environment variaqbles. Try using the full paths to
executables in the shell script, in case they are not defined, and try
setting debug lines in the shell script to see how far cron is getting,
lines like:

echo "Reached line 23" >> /home/hyi/debug.log

   Yours,

     Chris