2009 Aug 15 08:04

Re: [vox-tech] Linux and video chat

Norm Matloff wrote:

>  Skype gave a TCP/IP error
> message, which according to the Web is pretty standard for Skype on
> Linux.

I've been considering alternatives to skype, but I use it every weekend and it
works well for me.  I occasionally use video and it works with my random
logitech usb cam.  I tried it with cheese then click test in skype and it just
worked.

Strangely it seems like linux on pdas and phones have much better
SIP/VOIP/video conferencing clients, sipdroid, gismo, skype and related on the
nokia 770, nokia 800, palm pre, android, etc.

Actually maybe they have it right, I could see linux cell phones outnumbering
linux desktops soonish.