2009 Aug 08 15:29

Re: [vox-tech] Kubuntu (KDE4) and power button

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 04:03:11PM -0700, Scott Miller wrote:
> Hey Bill,
>
> That was a bug in a certain KDE 4.something release. There was no
> correct acpi action with power buttons. If you upgrade to KDE4.3 with
> a ppa, that will most likely be fixed:
>
> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2.98
>
> (That fixed it for me!)

Not interested in trying an RC on my only working system (the one I do my
day job from ;) )

FWIW, commenting-out the call to '/sbin/shutdown' at the end of
/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh did the trick, for now.

If I remember to, I'll try uncommenting it after KDE4 officially revs
in Kubuntu (in 9.10, I guess?) to confirm whether the KDE end of things
are fixed, and hence ACPI does the right thing.

Thanks, all!